Downtown Charleston Wedding | Brewery Wedding| Montagu Street | Revelry Brewing | Charleston SC | Matthew Pautz Photography
Alexandra + Casey
Charleston, South Carolina
Ah Charleston– you never disappoint. The beauty of downtown Charleston is matched only by the wonderful people that live there. It is one of my favorite places to visit and work. And while most Downtown Charleston Weddings are destination weddings, this one wasn’t. Alex and Casey are a bonafide Charleston couple. Remember their incredible downtown Charleston engagement session? Alex is an ICU Physical Therapist at MUSC, and Casey owns a woodworking design / restoration company, Level Woodworking and Design. You can’t get more Charleston than that.
Alex and Casey’s wedding was also full of unique firsts for me. If you know me at all, you know I love weddings with a unique spin. Well here’s just a small list of unique firsts I had at Alex and Casey’s wedding:
– The ceremony was held outside the carriage house at a gorgeous $2+ million private residence right smack dab in the middle of Downtown Charleston’s Historic District. It was like nowhere else I’ve ever photographed.
– This was my first reception photographed at a Brewery (Revelry Brewing).
– This was also my first reception photographed at an open top rooftop bar at night.
– The bride pretended to stab me with her cake knife, which was actually a butcher knife. I lived.
– Their ceremony was just 15 minutes long, and officiated by a close friend who became ordained specifically for their wedding. Yet those 15 minutes gave me some of the best moments I have ever seen at a ceremony.
– The groom’s father is a talented drummer in an incredible live band that played during some of the reception.
Also, the bride and groom and their friends were the most fun-loving, down-to-earth, incredible people I could possibly hope for. The most unique thing about their wedding was the couple themselves – a perfect complement, one beginning where the other ends, forming a complete perfect pair. They both have so much personality that it would take days to try to describe them with words to a stranger. Well, I will just let their wedding photos speak those words for me:
The groomsmen began their day at a house on Folly Beach. It was overcast that day, but it didn’t detract from the beauty of the location one bit.
Their ceremony was held at 54 Montagu Street, Charleston SC. This is a gorgeous private residence in the middle of Charleston’s famed historical district, and the entire location is a throwback to the 1800s. There is no other place in the entire city that has the same charm, and this was the perfect location for Alex and Casey’s lowcountry wedding.
After their ceremony, it was time to head to Revelry Brewing for their reception. True to the form of many of my clients, Alex and Casey enjoy a good time with their friends and family. Choosing Revelry Brewing and their rooftop bar for their reception was proof of this. No one held back here, and there were lots of great times to be had by everyone involved.
That’s a wrap! What a day – 4 locations, 12 hours, and hundreds of gorgeous moments among dozens of fun-loving people. I can’t imagine a downtown Charleston wedding going better than Alex and Casey’s.
Special thanks to the many vendors that helped make this day possible:
Wedding photography: Matthew Pautz Photography
Officiant: Ryan Overhiser
Ceremony venue: 54 Montagu Street
Reception venue: Revelry Brewing
Videography: Jay Wayne Productions
Wedding cake: Wildflour Pastry
Makeup / hair styling: Strawberry Blonde Salon
Catering: Crazy Dutchman Catering